dont shoot me - i know i need to update more...but anyways.
So i have been doing a bunch of cleaning and shaping.
First - the engine! ... that damn engine!
So i have used soda blasting...first i built a soda blasting "cabinet" that has been proudly sponsored by Riverbed ;-)
the engine was filthy...
and i tried it out on the filter cover just real quick - see if this all worked (never done ANYTHING like this before)
in comparison it works pretty awesome, and that was just a quick blast, so after a real good working over it looks great, ill have to grab a photo tomorrow with no soda residue on it, but here is a sneak peak
pretty bad ass result eh - but ill get a better pic tomorrow.
Then i moved on to the wheels - man they are a mess...anyways,
rear hub before:
and after a working over:
and the side of the hub:
so it appears i am getting the hang of it! I need to replace all of the bolts to stainless so it looks better and i have new sets of spokes to respoke the wheel (also something i havent done before!)
next post...seat cowl