View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 04:49 AM   #637
Kedgi OP
Banned

Oddometer: 1,388
Pasto to Ecuador

Pasto to Ecuador yesterday. This morning we are in Tulcan Ecuador.

We had a good ride yesterday, left pasto fairly early and rode to Lajas Cathedral which is just north of the Ecuador border. It is a stunning building built at the bottom of a steep canyon. The story goes that someone saw the face of Mary in the rocks there so they built a cathedral in this very unlikely spot.

We are at a high elevation here, some 9000ft or 3000mts. The walk back up the hill after seeing the cathedral takes a toll on you. I was feeling the effects of high elevation and thin air after sleeping in Pasto. It feels like really bad heartburn combined with shortness of breath. Tony has it real bad and may have it combined with a cold. He went to bed as soon as we got here yesterday and hasn't got up yet.

We had a long day crossing the border and only made it as far as Tulcan

Here are my photos Pasto to Ecuador, well, having said that I guess I have to keep you in suspense a while longer. The internet here is painfully slow and it is taking forever to download pictures. I'll try and post them tonight if we have internet. We are leaving shortly for the Equator.

Kedgi
Kedgi is offline   Reply With Quote