View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 10:25 AM   #9
Murgatroid OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Thanks for the replies so far! Keep them coming! I can't say it's helped any yet. I"m still as confused as ever.

There's a lot I really like about the BV350, and keep gravitating toward it. The downside is that it weighs about the same as my Buell XB12Ss! I have had no problem using the Buell for everyday tasks, but like the convenience of a scooter better. The BV350 is the only scooter on my list that I can see using to commute between work and home. While smaller and lighter scooters would obviously be easier to handle in town, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have a problem with the BV, and I know I'd like the extra power. There I go, rationalizing the BV!

Then I think maybe I should get the cheaper, lighter HD200 (or SC250) for now, and something like the BMW C650GT (or a regular touring bike - the Victory Vision is one of my favs) for commuting between work and home later.

I have a truck camper and thought it would be cool to be able to take the scooter with me. I haven't figured out the best way, though. I don't want to use a hitch carrier in the back as I'd have to hang it off an 18 inch extension. I could put it in the front, though. This would favor the lighter bikes as the BV would be too heavy. Or I could tow a small trailer and then be able to take any of my bikes.

Arrrrrgggggghhhhhhh! I hope things become clearer with a few test rides!