View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 10:37 AM   #8328
woofer2609
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnw View Post
"1996 Canadian spec bike as having a 122.5 main, 42.5 pilot, 2 turns out, along with a few other differences between carbs. Maybe it changed on later models.
I personally found that this equates to good all round performance with 2 turns out on the pilot screw"

Meaning that you stayed with the 122.5/42.5 but only did the two turns? Maybe the 130 was on a different version rather than Canadian spec, I have read so many threads and spec sheets it is hard to keep them straight. Back to work in the garage, the fragility of some of these plastic parts has me a little concerned because the hoses area really fused on.

Thanks.

I have stayed completely stock. I haven't had the carb off because I do not want to screw it up, nor have I adjusted it. The original owner told me the same thing; he hadn't touched it! Not tinkering with it is hard for me) If the jets are as published,they are a great starting point, as the bike runs really well 99% of the time
I am going from a 1996 Yamaha service manual, note that model 4BE3 is the canadian spec.

woofer2609 screwed with this post 12-30-2012 at 11:06 AM
woofer2609 is offline   Reply With Quote