View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 10:54 AM   #12
Motovista
Parts is Parts

Oddometer: 507
Long Term Piaggio

The SYM is a good bike, I brought them into the Charleston area back when they came into the US, but if I remember correctly, that engine is only used in the HD200. While they are a huge international company (The SYM factory in China produces scooters for SYM, Tomos, Yamaha and other companies), SYM doesn't distribute in the US. This tends to create problems down the road with parts and availability.
Many of the cheap new 2009s are being sold at fire sale prices, but without a warranty.
As you know from owning vintage Vespas, parts are pretty much always easily available for anything Piaggio has ever made, and I don't forsee this changing in the future. Even though we are not a Vespa dealer, I get pretty much any part I need for any model in less than 10 days.
I think the BV350 is probably going to turn out to be a great bike over time, it seems like what you really want, and if you buy it, you will never be kicking yourself saying you should have bought that instead of whatever else you buy.

Motovista screwed with this post 12-30-2012 at 11:00 AM
Motovista is offline   Reply With Quote