View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 12:04 PM   #12
KeithinSC
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,197
I modeled mine using google sketchup. Sent this picture around to a few mfgs to get some quotes. After I started hearing back from them, I'd search google and BBB for bad reviews. Some of these mfgs are crooks!

Photobucket
Had the slab poured my a mason I'd used in the past, I knew it would be flat and the bolts set to print.

Wife and I slaved most of last summer and bolted it together. First time I've worked with steel. Pretty easy. The wainscot was a lot of extra work, but worth it. Same with the insulation and the three skylights. PITA, but I am glad I added those options.
I spend most my time working under the lean-to. Keeps all the sawdust, grinding sparks outside!

30x60 with 15' lean-to. 12' at the eaves, 15' at the inside peak, tall enough inside for a carlift. 8', 10' and 12' overhead rollup doors. I could have left out a couple windows, but I am glad I have three panels of skylights on the south facing roof. Usually dont even turn on a light until after dusk. Bought mine from Renegade Buildings. Many of these companies are just designers and salesmen. The heavy architecture work is done by the steel mill. I had contacted 3 companies, all of them were coming from the same exact mill.

KeithinSC is offline   Reply With Quote