View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 02:07 PM   #55453
steveb126
Adventurer Anonymous

Oddometer: 1,018
Soooo, the scooter experiment recently came to a close with a full refund via the Ohio Lemon Law. Dealer had the scoot for a month before they even tore it apart for inspection. It's a shame they didn't hustle and get me back on the road, although I would have forever had mixed feelings on reliability. I was really digging it and had put 986 miles on it in 28 days. It broke down September 14th on the way home from a tag. I had decided on a scooter partly because I live in town. It was working out perfect for little errands and occasional hour long Fredericksburg, Overton or Shreve swamp loop rides.

I've been looking exhaustively at CL, E Bay and Dealers for a DS instead of another scooter. Not a woods rider at my age because of physical/medical (and probable mental) issues. All Seasons has a new CRF250L that is tempting me. Used XT250, XT225 and KLX250 are interesting me. The more I look at DRZ400S, thinking it may be my ticket. Same approximate weight as the new CRF with more power. Found a used 01 for $2300 in Canal Fulton on CL. A used bike in the $1.5-2.5k range would be more practical for me. WR 's seem to be priced quite a bit more although I noticed Alan just found a good deal for one. Definitely not looking at KLR650 or DR650. Recommendations from the local inmates here ?