View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 05:07 PM   #420
YJake
Roaming

Oddometer: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ridge Wheeltor View Post
No mention of the Royal Enfield or Ural in 28 pages? They must be great bikes (or deserve their own threads).
Okay, I'll bite.

Enter the Royal Enfield Bullet EFI.

I bought one new in 2010 and within 8k miles the piston disintegrated while I was rolling along at 60mph on the highway. The speedo "jiggles" around while ridding. The header came unbolted from the head while riding down I-4. The stock TORPEDO pipe cracked behind where it mounted to the header from the vibration. Several short months after I had the bike back after the warranty covered the top end replacement the rear tube let loose while doing 60mph around the block, turns out there was a washer between the tube and tire that some 3rd world worker dropped in there during assembly and didn't give enough of a fuck to fish it out before mounting everything up (Anybody notice a pattern here? They must be set to explode at 60mph :)

It now sits in my garage with the rear wheel off for going on over 8 months now and I could not give two shits less if it rots where it is parked, It is still under warranty too.

-Jake