View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 04:25 PM   #55461
alansz400
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveb126 View Post
Soooo, the scooter experiment recently came to a close with a full refund via the Ohio Lemon Law. Dealer had the scoot for a month before they even tore it apart for inspection. It's a shame they didn't hustle and get me back on the road, although I would have forever had mixed feelings on reliability. I was really digging it and had put 986 miles on it in 28 days. It broke down September 14th on the way home from a tag. I had decided on a scooter partly because I live in town. It was working out perfect for little errands and occasional hour long Fredericksburg, Overton or Shreve swamp loop rides.

I've been looking exhaustively at CL, E Bay and Dealers for a DS instead of another scooter. Not a woods rider at my age because of physical/medical (and probable mental) issues. All Seasons has a new CRF250L that is tempting me. Used XT250, XT225 and KLX250 are interesting me. The more I look at DRZ400S, thinking it may be my ticket. Same approximate weight as the new CRF with more power. Found a used 01 for $2300 in Canal Fulton on CL. A used bike in the $1.5-2.5k range would be more practical for me. WR 's seem to be priced quite a bit more although I noticed Alan just found a good deal for one. Definitely not looking at KLR650 or DR650. Recommendations from the local inmates here ?

Sounds like the X I bought for Kyle would have been perfect for you. You can test ride it and my WR this spring if you want to compare the two. For being the same bike they sure dont handle the same.

Looks like I am out for lunch tmw. My wife has to work (no babysitter) and I have therapy at 1:30.
alansz400 is offline   Reply With Quote