Thread: World of Tanks
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 06:01 PM   #4130
timk519
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
Are you running hit zone skins, and aiming appropriately?
I was, until 8.2 came out. I was pretty successful to start, usually got 100-200ish damage a hit, and then - nothing. That's what's so puzzling.

Quote:
I thought that JagdPanther was fine with the 7.5mm, and one of my most successful tanks (121 battles, 74% hit ratio). I probably started carrying a few Gold rounds in it, but those were mainly for high-tiers.

I see your hit-ratio is down around 62% with it, so my guess is either that you're taking very long-distance shots where the pen drops off (and missing some of those long-distance shots), or that you're still working on aiming. You own a few of them, so it's not like you don't know this, but the upgraded tracks, and clutch braking for the driver (have camo trained amongst the rest of the crew), will help spin your non-turreted TD's around faster. I can't remember if the Jagd is one where the tracks need upgraded to load on the bigger guns, but... it does anyway.
This is a relatively new tank to me, so I've been playing it a bit more like it's weaker cousin,which does pretty well at long range. I've also had a number of games where I've hit OPFOR tanks a number of times in the usual places w/no damage. For instance, with the KV5, hitting the washing-machine in front and right of the turret usually gets some good damage. With that tank, a dead-center hit got a "bounce".

Quote:
Even for distance shots, where the Jagd is good at accuracy, I found I still needed to try to hit a tank going perpendicular to me in the rear engine area, so that meant accounting for his movement and such to try to hit that area. Distance shooting to heavy tanks facing me, frontally, were usually not so great with pen IIRC.

Maybe something did happen to it though - I never rule out War Gaming nerfing German tanks - especially now as a Christmas gift to actual Germans.
LOL.

On the other hand, I just bought a T28, and I'm already getting pretty good results with it after 3 battles:

timk519 screwed with this post 12-30-2012 at 06:34 PM
timk519 is offline   Reply With Quote