View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 12:31 AM   #11
GeckoRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 444
I think it is the few that spoil for the many. Of the complaints I have heard is about noise (esp in areas where 2 strokes are still allowed, and running mufflers that do little to reduce the noise) and general reckless/vandal behavior (carrying far too much speed for ability to see, blazing new trails, or tearing up the turf). While all that is fun for the motorcycle rider, it is not exactly acting as a good neighbor.

I don't like the closure of lands to our use. I do think the folks on that side of the fence lump us wrongly in with a small group that are creating the problems. Self policing seems the only way by driving home that acting the fool will in the long run ruin what we have and certainly not bring back lands to us. If we don't self police or take the actions to educate the folks on the other side of the fence will, and they will be far less understanding.

The other side of the dice is the legal stuff that comes up for areas like ranches/ranges, which at least in the US is tied to the overly litigious nature of our legal system that allow people acting the fool to be treated like victims.

And so on. /dons asbestos outerwear