View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 05:57 AM   #111
cls
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 979
Quote:
Originally Posted by warewolf View Post
I'm not saying I never had fun on the bike, quite the contrary, I brought my own fun with me. However it was still a boring bike! It was bland and uninspiring. If there was a row of bikes available, I'd choose another.

Couldn't fault, or the bike just didn't have that extra something, pizzazz, mojo, whatever. When the ZX9R was released, I spoke to a lot of riders and almost all of them had got rid of their Fireblade because it was boring, but the ZX9R with Kawasaki's signature seductive intake noise and raw top end rush really rang their bell.

Totally agree. I've said that many times, expressed as "it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow." Some people don't get it though.

<Cough> KTM.
It's not nearly that simple. Folks are different and break things down differently, depending on their wants, past experience, abilities, opinions, etc. That's what makes this threat interesting, I think. I've ridden a lot of bikes for a lot of miles and I love Honda for their refinement and engineering prowess, which most people think is boring (At least most "enthusiasts."). "Character" in a bike is usually a bad thing for me, as it means some sort of raw, unfinished, poorly designed/executed, whatever-type failure. You also have to figure on a "Theory of Relativity" scale. Yes, any bike can be fun and (at least) more exciting than it's intended purpose but there's still relatively boring bikes out there.

All good fun. Keep 'em coming. I love compare and contrast. Good stuff.
cls is offline   Reply With Quote