View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 08:12 AM   #10
4x4runer OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alik View Post
Battery good but no fully charged... I would check the strap that connects the battery to the ground. On the left side of the battery, it should be firmly connected to the subframe.
I second Gunner with checking the starter motor itself - it is basically an easy job to do.
Other more complicated things comming to mind but check those first.
You can help the starter with manual decompression lever - i usually do to prolong the life of the starter sprague. It is also accepted practice to kill the engine with it instead of the kill switch or key.
How do kill the engine with the decompression lever, just pull it while the engine is on. I usually let the engine idle for half a minute the turn the key off. I had problems with the estart/kill switch until I cleaned the switch really well. Thanks for the tips.
The ground to the battery is firm connected to the subframe. I think the previous owner replaced the strap and possibly the location. The strap is very short and connects the battery to the subframe where the seats grabs tHe subframe. Are there any other grounds to check.

4x4runer screwed with this post 12-31-2012 at 08:18 AM Reason: None
4x4runer is offline   Reply With Quote