View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 08:53 AM   #29
miguelito
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 505
Thanks for the PM SOG. Check the post in my sig line(s) titled " I ♥ La Sierra Gorda/Lost in the Fat Mountains" . It covers several trips out that way, and a lot of your territory, and mentions hotels and restaurants. You could try the ride I wrote about between Zimapan and San Joaquin, but like sojerd's ride, if it's been raining you might be turned back as you will have to ride right down the riverbed at one point. There's a nice hotel out on the road between jalpan and rio Verde, but I can't recall the name. It's on the right and about 20 miles from jalpan, (I think). In San Joaquin I like a little hotel, and am not sure of the name, but you take the first real left when you're in town, go up the hill, and take the first or second right. It's about a half block up on the right. If no one is there, walk across the street and ask there. You'll probably be checked in by the girl, (can't remember her name), who runs what I consider the best restaurant in town. From the hotel walk up the hill, take the first left, and then an immediate left. It's a couple doors down from the corner. In Xilitla, I stay cheap at the Hotel San Ignacio, though they recently raised the rate from 225 p to 300p/night. I like Puebla Vieja for dinner and cervezas, just off the plaza. The rides Sojerd rec'd between Camargo/Artajea/Xichu are scenic. Gas up before taking the route unless you take the road from Artajea to Santa Catarina. Have fun!
miguelito is offline   Reply With Quote