View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 09:26 AM   #52
Dan Kyle OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankmittal View Post
Hi Dan

I am 5'6", 155lbs and my riding is 80/20 street/dirt. Couple questions for you regarding my 2013 F800GS (factory lowered):

1. Is the Ohlins USA/Sweden fork cartridge compatible with the lowered F800GS? I am not sure whether the fork tubes on the lowered GS are the same as standard GS. The BMW parts fische doesn't list the fork tube part numbers, so I cannot confirm.

2. In combination with the S46DR1B shock, will there be any height increase? I am not looking to increase the height as the current seat height of 32.3" is more than what I can handle. In fact, lowering it further by an inch or less would be better.

Thanks,
Shanks
1. Is the Ohlins USA/Sweden fork cartridge compatible with the lowered F800GS? I am not sure whether the fork tubes on the lowered GS are the same as standard GS. The BMW parts fische doesn't list the fork tube part numbers, so I cannot confirm.

I do not know either.

If they are shorter we should be able to shorten the Ohlins USA cart kit.

2. In combination with the S46DR1B shock, will there be any height increase? I am not looking to increase the height as the current seat height of 32.3" is more than what I can handle. In fact, lowering it further by an inch or less would be better.

The Ohlins shock is the same eye to eye measurement as the Stock shock on the Standard height bike, so yes it will be much taller.

Plus These bikes stock have a huge amount of both static and rider sag making the bike even lower. This also uses up a lot of the rear wheel travel.

The Ohlins shock will not have as much sag also raising the ride height of the bike.

Dan
Dan Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote