View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 06:11 PM   #2003
lentil
All round nice guy

Oddometer: 7,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottalot View Post
I'm still kickin' a 2002 DL1000.. Good bike though I must admit. One downfall of the 1000 I see is you have to tinker w/ them a LOT to get em' running right. On the flip side from what I hear the 650 comes running good right outta the box. I can say though, that once you put the effort into getting the Vee tweaked out it runs like a spider monkey jacked up on Mt. Dew.
Honestly speaking, I would be more than happy to add a 650 to the arsenal but cannot see it happening in the near future. I'm still having to much fun toying w/ what I have.
IMHO opinion the 650 is one of the sweetest motor known to man - there is nothing like dropping it back a cog or two and doing a high speed close fly by on a riding mate who is falling a sleep on a tar section with the big v twin humming and the staintune crackling out the back. They pretty soon wakeup and start wanting to make sure it doesnt happen again!

I would love to see mr Suzuki put some thought into a Vstrom 650 ADVenturer similar to the LC4 640 adv I would be all over it like a fly on poop!

Apple fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
It's the classic freudian slip... "come out of the closet, and jump into the jaccuzzi with the rest of us..."
lentil is offline   Reply With Quote