View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 06:56 AM   #55504
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Oddometer: 2,310
1. How was your 2012 on motorcycles? Did you do a lot of riding? Take the trips you wanted to?

Overall, pretty good. No long, multi-day rides this year .. first time in 8 years. Did trailer the 230 to Colorado and Michigan for some fun. Thank you to the inmates who participated in those trips. Good times. Seriously, very good times. I'd do it again.

2. What do you have planned for 2013? Any special trips or events you're looking forward to? Are you in the planning stages or dreaming stages?

I promised 'Flaggerwife that we'd go to the beach this year. Need to figure out how to get an m/c involved in that trip. Wouldn't mind taking the new CRF250L on a 3-4 day trip somewhere. TWVT, anyone?

3. Do you have a new bike or bikes in your vision?

Well, the F800GS is for sale in the flea market, to be replaced with something more suitable for two-up touring. And I just purchased a CRF250L that replaces the CRF230F which will be up for sale later this Spring.

4. What are you going to do this winter during the bitter cold? Big repairs, maintenance, plan, say fuggit and ride, drink?

Nothing major planned, continued build-up of the CRF, I suppose.

5. How do you view your riding right now? Anything changed or your focus or goals still what they were? Do you want to learn or do anything different?

Always room to improve, especially off-road.

6. Did you have any wrecks or get-offs this year? If so, how are you doing afterwards? Back to your old self or still coming back? Has it changed your riding?

Many dirt oriented biffs, but most embarrassed by the new-tire related low-side at the end of my driveway. Leg was trapped under the bike for a few seconds ... unfortunately, there were witnesses.

7. Going with that subject, if for some reason you weren't able to ride, what would you do with yourself?

Not sure. If a three-wheeler of some sort was feasible, it'd be a hack.

8. Where are some places you haven't ridden you're dying to?

Baja. Alaska. Southeast US. Happy Valley-Goose Bay (crashed 120 miles short)

9. What oil is the best?

The Honda products I get on discount at work.

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote