View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 09:35 AM   #2556
RTinNC
RT to GS in NC

Oddometer: 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by t.s.graham View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

Happy New Year All. Here's a photo of my '12 Vespa 300S that I picked up this past spring. It replaced my '07 Vespa 250 GTS. I started my CC down sizing a couple of years ago and have been enjoying riding even more having begun the transition to smaller rides. I am intrigued by the reports from members riding long distance on the 50 cc machines. My only problem is I'm 6'3" and weigh 230 pounds. I don't think that would leave much margin for a change of clothes or a sleeping bag. I've started my plans for a summer of '12 Minnesota Four Corners tour. I'm figuring in the 2400 - 2500 mile range and I'll be taking it easy and enjoying the sights. I'm planning on credit card camping this first trip. I'll be sure to start a ride report when I roll off the center stand.

I've been a lurker here for some time now and was recently encouraged by an active member to jump in. So SPLASH....what a way to start 2013.

t.s.graham

P.S. That structure in the background is at St. John's University in Collegeville, MN. It's a sculpture made from saplings downed by volunteers and "ramrodded" by a visiting artist this past year. I like the whimsy of it. I wouldn't want to live there today. It's -12 degrees outside and I don't think it has the R value I'm accustomed too.
Happy New Year! Very nice scooter and I too love the idea of touring on smaller machines ... taking your time and smelling the roses as you pass by! Look forward to the ride report.

2006 R1200RT - Granite Gray
2012 R1200GSA - Magma Red!
RTinNC is offline   Reply With Quote