View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 11:42 AM   #4
jondirt
City rider

Oddometer: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpaman View Post
Well, my request for a New Zealand Motorcycle Atlas has not gotten many replies, so hopefully this one will. We are planning to be in NZ late Jan through early Feb 2013 and I am seeking input on lodging in a few specific areas. We are looking for multi night lodging reccomendations in Gisborne, on the north island, the Takaka/Abel Tasman Park area and Queenstown on the south island. We are 4 adults and are looking for lodging that is nice and clean, fairly economical ($100 - $150 NZ a couple/night) but all suggestions are welcome. Also, any reccomendations on day rides from these areas would also be greatly appreciated. We will be on GS1200's. This is a once in a lifetime trip for us and any help with planning is so greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance
Routes - You are probably fairly far along, definitely check out http://www.adventureguide.co.nz. They have lots of routes with different gradings. You can get a used copy of the New Zealand Motorcycle Atlas on Amazon.

Accomodation - I can't give specific recommendations (just started my trip) but I bounced between TripAdvisor.com, Booking.com and Jasons.co.nz to find motels. I am also packing camping equipment, and the DOC Campsites are a good bet.

The KiwiBiker forum is also a good place to look - they have an Adventure Bike section in the forum.

Have a great ride!

Jon

jondirt screwed with this post 01-01-2013 at 07:24 PM
jondirt is offline   Reply With Quote