View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 08:06 PM   #116
GSF1200S
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 975
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Less Harley View Post
The BA Seedhouse SL2 (with foot print) is way better than the SL1, it's free standing, but should be staked in bad weather to keep the fly off the inner netting. adequate room for a 6'2" guy and gear, but doubtful for two guys and gear. The BA air mattress packs down small and fits in the BA sleeping bag.
The SL2 fits in a Small compression bag, store poles in tail pack. It's my tent of choice when space is critical. One mod is a small blue tarp which is cut down into a triangle shape for outside the entrance to help keep from tacking dirt into the tent, plus under the vestibule allows room for dirty boots and stuff.

Any issues with condensation on this tent? I think thats why youre mentioning staking the fly, as I understand some complain about the SL2 and condensation.

Also, how about sitting up in it? I plan to be sitting on a thermarest or Agnes sleeping pad with one of those nylon sleeves that turn it to a chair (so I will definitely be getting the footprint). I figure this will be good for doing picture and vid dumps from my cameras as well as writing some notes for the day. Well just say this process has been far less eloquent so far.. Spec sheets are great, but im not a conehead and some pictures make it look like my back would have to be facing the door and Id have to sit exactly at the center of the tent. I dont need some 3man tent palace, though I will say the SL3 is LIGHTER than the REI tent and pretty much all others. That has more than enough sitting room and its still fairly light.

Just tossing ideas out there to see what the experienced have for us..

GSF1200S screwed with this post 01-01-2013 at 08:16 PM
GSF1200S is offline   Reply With Quote