View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 07:20 AM   #118
DR. Rock
Part of the problem

Oddometer: 5,528
Lightweight, high quality, inexpensive. Choose two only.

Titanium cookware, for example.

Just picked up an Easton kilo 3p for the two of us on our Mobius trips, (and a kilo 2p for when i go solo).
Tiny vestibule, but big enough to stow gear inside, and lighter than the discontinued eureka pinnacle pass 2xt we're replacing (zipper dying, developing leaks).

carbon fiber poles. 2012 tent of the year. Not completely free standing but I'm not worried. 20% off + free footprint & shipping @ campsaver. Still expensive, but if it saves a few nights in a motel, then it's paid for itself.

Neoair + 1 or 2 summer weight down bags depending on the season. Toasty to high 20's F. cocoon pillow.

Check out the lithium battery thread, anti-gravity seems to test better than shorai.

Posting from the field; please excuse brevity & misspellings.
"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space

DR. Rock screwed with this post 01-02-2013 at 04:27 PM
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote