It appears that Yokum's Campground (teepees, cabins, tenting) is located at #1.
Seneca Shadows Campground is located at #2.
I have been to Seneca Rocks but not to Yokum's.
It appears that Yokum's has rooms above the store located at the corner (3 in blue) next to
Harper's Old Country Store. Seneca Shadow Campground may have a back entrance foot path from the intersection.
, indoor pool and restaurant are up the road one mile north of Seneca Rocks.
See later post.
Seneca Shadows Campground LINK
Camping & Lodging
There are two commercial campgrounds in Seneca Rocks.While primitive
camping is allowed in the surrounding Monongahela National Forrest outside
the Spruce Knob/Seneca Rocks National Recreation Area, camping is not
allowed anywhere on the rocks side of the North Fork River.
this is the federally owned campground located on the hill overlooking the town of Seneca Rocks. It has all the amenities in addition to a spectacular view of the rocks. The entrance is located about a mile south of Seneca Rocks on Rt. 33/28. They offer walk-in campsites, single/double vehicle drive in sites w/wo electrical hookups, and drive in-group sites (with hookups). Shower and bathroom facilities are provided on site. Reservations are recommended for holiday weekends. For reservations call 1-877-444-6777.
Princess Snowbird Campground
- This is a drive in camping area directly across the road from the rocks. Cabins are also available along with bathrooms and shower facilities. For reservations call 304-567-2351.
Yokum’s Vacationland Campground
- This campground is located about a half mile north of Seneca Rocks on Rt. 28/55. Showers and pavilions are available. To make reservations call 800-772-8342 or visit yokum.com
Appalachian Cabins and Motel
– Located 3 miles north of Seneca on rte. 28/55. While not in the middle of downtown Seneca Rocks this is a convenient location that is well kept and competitively priced. For reservations call 304-567-7070.
Harman's North Fork Cabins
- Located 5 miles north of Seneca, Harman's North Fork Cabins offers cabins away from the road. These cabins sit on a mile of privately managed, catch and release trout stream. wvlogcabins.com
- located in the heart of downtown Seneca Rocks and the newest of all the rooms in the areas. Call 304 567-2626 or 800-772-8342 and specify that you want to stay above the store. You'll also want to specify smoking or non-smoking. Visit yokum.com
- located about half a mile north of Seneca Rocks on Rt. 28/55. Call 800-772-8342 for reservations or visit yokum.com
The intersection of Rt 28/Rt 33/Rt 55 is familiar to me.
But where is the
Princess Snowbird Campground
A search on the phone number 304-567-2351 makes me conclude that it is
another name for Yokum's.
Quote at bottom of the page:
Come visit our Princess Snowbird Campground nestled along the Seneca
Creek. Stay in a Tipi in our Indian Village. Facing the magestic view of the
Seneca Rocks, the legend tells us that Princess Snowbird climbed to the
top and the brave who followed her there became the chief of her tribe.
Enjoy history along with a modern pavilion, charcoal grills for cooking and an
open pit for campfires. Rustic camping as the Indians once enjoyed in our
area. We can handle families or large groups.