View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 11:41 AM   #10
Alaskahack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 507
Eh? David " Just Do It "

David
March 2012 I took delivery of my new sidecar that I purchased from DMC. I still had three ft of snow on the ground, the sidecar and the bike was separated by three miles. I had a month of jury duty and was finally able to mate the car and sidecar together in May. Since I didn't have anyone around to talk about sidecars, I think I read everything that was ever posted on this forum. Bought the Yellow Book read it and throughly enjoyed it.

But nothing takes the place of riding your new rig to learn what to expect, I went through about two tanks of gas practicing starting, emergency stoping, left and right turns.

Before I let my wife get in the car, and then we went for a 3,000 mi shake down ride.

When we got back from the ride I noticed I was scrubbing the inside of the sidecar tire.

This was caused by my excitement to drive my new rig I neglected to really check my alinement and was running the rig with a 2" toeout
Reset it to .75 toe in steering is great and I have no steering mods.

Decide where you might want to go with your new sidecar buy the bike, talk to Jay and order the car

I'm going to attach my build report

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=775726

Bob

Blog: alaskapeeks.blogspot.com

Retired and Riding

Alaskahack screwed with this post 01-02-2013 at 11:42 AM Reason: Inserted build report
Alaskahack is offline   Reply With Quote