View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 01:37 PM   #101
Mr. Cob OP
Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,244
Howdy All, G'Day Mates,

I'll pick up the saga where it was dropped, day twenty seven of the rideabout, Jock and I rode from Mackay to his home. It was a nice day sunny and pleasant temperature wise.

Here the Ural is parked in Jocks car port, one of the dogs is inspecting it and giving it the smell test, by this time the rig was quite covered in dirt, dust, mud, and BUGS.

We took Barbs car to town, Jock needed something to work on one of his bikes I forget what it was so we went to the local bike shop to get it.

For such a small shop it was outfitted well for the usual needed supplies and gear.

On display was this impeccably restored old bike, very cool.

Here Jock is paying for his parts, this is the only photo I have of Barb, such a beautiful lady who was extremely camera shy, I had to sneak this photo.

Playing the part of being a tourist whilst in town.

The evening meal Barb prepared was great.

Day twenty eight of the rideabout, consisted of a guided tour of Jocks home area, what a wonderful place to live and ride, here we are getting ready to leave for the days ride.

One of the many river crossings made during the trip, this one is just a few miles from Jocks home. There is a strip of concrete about 10 feet-3 meters wide laid on the bottom surface of the river, this is what we are riding over.

Later in the day I came across this large snake soaking up the sun in the middle of the road. I got off the rig and walked toward it to get a better photo, the darned thing raised its head and start to slither toward me.

This photo gives you an idea of big that snake was, I don't know if it was poisonous but I wasn't going to take the chance of getting bite, I took my photos, jumped back on the rig and rode AWAY.

The next sires of photos are just random shots taken on our ride.

We come to a hand dug train tunnel.

A narrow bride across the river.

When I said narrow I meant NARROW.

Ural on the bridge.

Cob having a bit of fun with the Ural.

Back at Jocks home I get another dog fix.

We have tea.

Jock takes me to visit the Rum factory.

An Aussie and Yank, clowning for the camera.

After a great day of riding we are back at Jocks home, the evening will be spend packing for the trip south where we will spend the day riding to Brisbane where the rig will be turned back over to Jon and be sold to its new owner.

Before it gets dark, I take some photos of Jocks home, what a neat and beautiful place it is.

Stay tuned some nice photos of the trip south and a GREAT old school bike shop coming up.

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote