Thread: Rugby
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 03:46 PM   #31
Wildman
In my castle

Oddometer: 17,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinoVonHawkrider View Post
My friends were in NZ during the RWC in '11. They caught some quarter & semi final matches. My buddy was in Auckland partying w/ some Kiwi's and he said French fans didn't take to losing so much, so he bought them a drink to ease the pain
Nobody takes to losing much. Like you, I was in Marseilles in 2007 and the Aussies really didn't enjoy that one. I was in Paris for both the pool game and the final against South Africa and it felt bad. I guess what made the French feel even worse is losing a match that they could and arguably, should have won.

In my experience of living seven years in France, whilst the French enjoy wearing their hearts on their sleeves a little more than most, they're also the first to say, "C'est la vie"!

Oh, edit: they also hated the coach, Marc Lievremont, who had, by that time, lost the confidence of his players who were managing themselves without his input.
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN

Wildman screwed with this post 01-02-2013 at 03:53 PM
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote