View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 07:05 AM   #72579
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by gippyphil View Post
You were spot on Rusty - as soon as I top the top clamp off, it popped right back

That was a problem I had on my KDX's years ago. I used to race enduros on them. They had the rubber cones and every time you fell and hit the bars with any force, they would twist like that. The solution was a metal "bridge" that was the right size to put all 4 handlebar clamp bolts through it and make it a one piece top clamp. (my KTM has it ) Then it couldn't twist like yours did. I wish there was a clamp like that avail for the DR. I ride mostly offroad and have had that twist happen. Fortunately while it's not a race, I can take the time to loosen the clamps and straighten the whole deal. I have marked my bars with a scratch mark where they line up with the clamp so I can get them back into the correct position without any trial and error.
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote