View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 06:21 AM   #12
salcar OP
Riding 4 Health

Oddometer: 1,071

First of all Happy New Year everyone!

Second, I have no words to express the excitement to know that CoolTours dropped the bike at Swiss Air Cargo just a few minutes ago and the bike is ready to be shipped to Cape Town.

These past few weeks have been a roller coaster of emotions. A good mix of frustration, gratefulness, excitement and also quite a bit of concern.

As we get closer to reaching Africa the fear of something going wrong is increasing and also I'm a bit worried of riding in new third world countries where I don't speak the language. On the other hand it is hard to believe that I'm finally riding across Africa like many before me have done.

Riding in Africa is a dream that started several years back and it was fueled by many ride reports on this site. Today I feel extremely fortunate that life has given me this opportunity.

Anyway, there are many things that I could ramble on about. Let me know how I can keep you entertain Any particular topics that you want me to cover? If not I'll try to keep you posted on my progress.

Thank you cooltours and I look forward to seeing more pics