View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 09:37 AM   #60
Aussijussi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,066
Back in 92, flat out on my ZZR 1100, i checked the mirrors and saw something bouncing on the road. I realized it was my bag with a steel thermos and lunch in a plastic container. I turned around and had a good laugh when i saw the canvas bag, it was in shreds with pieces of my lunch strewn about. It took me awhile to find the thermos, it was ok, coffee still in it. Last summer, lost a liter bottle of motorex oil, expensive, it was strapped to the back of my 990, also lost a nice wind proof undershirt, also last summer. I might invest in a top box.
About loosing thing's, a funny incidence happened to me, driving home from a friend's place the other night. Pitch black night, and the area has lot of moose crossing the road, so i've got my eyes peeled. Up ahead i see this greyish big lump of thing in the on coming lane, i slowed the car right down, it was a fucking car trailer, sitting in the middle of the road. The hitch had broken off without the driver noticing anything. He must have been on something, not realizing the trailer gone
Aussijussi is offline   Reply With Quote