View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 10:26 AM   #2
therivermonster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 316
Sweet!! We'll be slangin' resin in no time.

Edit: I actually just saw the pictures, Mike (no pics show up at work) and they look great! The FG and Kevlar seem to be holding those cracks together quite well. Once you filled the cracks from the outside, those babies look ready for some overlay.

One thing that you could do before you start cutting into that beautiful fabric is to make a pattern out of an old bed sheet or similar large piece of drapable fabric. You'll want to take into account the wrap around the sides, and the hole in the middle. You'll probably want to wrap around all the edges about two inches in order to ensure that the fabric that is showing has good weave and no loose strands. We may also have to make reliefe cuts in the middle hole to get the fabric to lay nicely, but we can wait and see how well it wants to conform to the shape of the fairing.

Nice pics btw. Keep em comming.

I'm off to sewing class now... *THATS RIGHT! I SAID SEWING CLASS!!*

My Virgin ADV Trip
, Rocks Flyin', Me Cryin', and God Looking On - A WABDR Adventure, Fun With Carbon Fiber

therivermonster screwed with this post 01-03-2013 at 05:25 PM
therivermonster is offline   Reply With Quote