View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #54
ShoelessJoe
DefromisSedSupendium

Oddometer: 108
2001 640A pricing question

Seems like a lot of questions similar to mine are getting answered here so I'll give it a try.

2001 KTM 640A, from the pictures and what the dealer told me I would describe it as being in good condition (best guess as I have yet to lay eyes on it). All updates/service bullitens have been done. The big problem is that the speedo quit working quite a while ago. I was told the bike is estimated to have around 15,000 miles, but who knows if that is true or not. It is under consignment with an asking price of $3800. Not going anywhere near that due to the speedo issue. I am thinking of anywhere between $2000 to $2500 based on what it looks like in person.

Am I low-balling, reasonable or should I go less because of the speedo? Not afraid to to tear into the bike if necessary to fix it up.

I have a nicely set up 08 990 that I love, but I would like a lighter bike for the rougher stuff. The 990 will go just about anywhere you point it, but turning it around or picking it up tends to be a pain in the ass. I'm almost at the point of selling the 990, buy a 690 and kit it with RR tanks/fairings if I can't find a low price 640.
ShoelessJoe is offline   Reply With Quote