View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #29
Murgatroid OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
At the risk of bring this thread back on topic, I plan to test ride the HD200 today. The more I think about my bike roadmap, the more I think it makes sense to get a lighter scooter. I can get a more tour oriented bike or scooter in the future. I do like the idea of being able to carry a scooter with me on a hitch carrier on the front of my truck camper. 300lbs is about the max I'd feel comfortable doing that.

So far my attempts to check out the BV350 have been thwarted! I stopped by the dealer in Walnut Creek on my way to the bay area yesterday, but they were still closed for the holidays. This dealer has hours that pretty much guarantee that I can't just stop by on my weekly trip up and back home. The closest dealer with stock is in SF and I'll be near there today looking at the HD200, but their BV350 is in storage and the guy who knows where that is and how to retrieve the bike is not in until tomorrow.

It may be just as well. I'd rather spend less money anyway.