View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 03:05 PM   #15635
Katoom119
Mmmm....Orange Kool-aid

Oddometer: 1,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSickle View Post
HID question: The standard US headlight is two bulbs. Is one high beam, one low beam? Or is one of them a running light.

After installing a few of the DDM hi/lo HID kits, I'm not keen on the "wobble" the bulb has in the socket, but I am keen on the light output.

Which way should I go for an HID conversion? Euro headlight assembly?
Yes, the US and Euro headlight assembly has one light for low, one light for high. The difference is that the US has only one light on at a time; either the low or the high beam. The Euro light has one or both lights on; the low is always on and the high beam turns on to add to the low beam, not to replace it. Also the way the reflectors are shaped is different and the pattern of light is actually better. Personal experience.

I have HID50's in my Euro assembly and haven't noticed any "wobble". Wish the ballasts were a bit smaller and the wires a bit shorter so I can shoehorn them into place easier but all in all I'm very pleased.

5 Cylinders vs. Moab..........My East Tennessee.........Internships may go to Hell and I will go to Alaska
Katoom119 is offline   Reply With Quote