Originally Posted by Emmbeedee
Your Oregon C will have no problem with multiple mapsets but be careful how you load the Topos or any others you want.
Here's what you should do:
- Connect your gps to your computer in mass storage mode.
- Run Web Updater to make sure your unit software is up to date.
- Update the gps, then reconnect it to the computer.
- Back up the gps to a directory on your computer using Windows Explorer or the Mac Finder just in case you make a mistake later.
- Go back to the gps and look for any *.img files. They are where maps are stored. If you see one called gmapsupp.img, change its name to something like original.img. Doesn't really matter what it's called as long as you know which file it is.
- Make sure your mapping software is up to date as well. You'll be using MapInstall (Windows), or (MAC) not MapSource.
- Run MapInstall to add your other maps (Help is here)
I think that's all there is to it.
Excellent! Many thanks!
2008 Buell XB12X Ulysses
2008 KTM 450 EXC-R
"There's a plane! Where there's a plane there's probably a pilot! Where there's a pilot there must be a bar! I can finally get a drink!" - Brian from Family Guy