Thread: Rugby
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 07:24 AM   #40
RhinoVonHawkrider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
The French love Americans, hate America. They think you should all speak French.

Well maybe they should have sent their religious outcasts over 1st

BTW - We've never been the same

Back to France '07 - After game we went into the Old Port area for dinner, next to us were two English guys & two Aussies, all in their kits - not saying much to each other But the fiasco was the outside bartenders, there had to be about 300 people trying to get a drink from 2 bartenders.

Finally, when we were about to leave, went to use restroom (loo) and 3 guys walk out of the loo fit for 1. My lady looked at me like WTF, I said they were doing blow. I showed her the top of the toilet tank w/ the yayo residue, she said how did U know that? me: Don't ask

Since I had to get to Nevers the next day for SBK, we tried in vain to get back to hotel in Orange for the AB v. Les Bleu kickoff. As I was binning that Renault up the hiway, I realized that we would miss the start of the game, so I took the next exit I could & found a bar/restaurant/hotel off the exit. We had a great time there. They seemed very shocked that Americans liked rugby & with French beating the ABs, next thing the champagne is popping & La Marseillaise being sung. A fond memory

See you at the White Swan in Twickenham in '15
Until the colour of a man's skin - Is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes -Me say war RNM
RhinoVonHawkrider is offline   Reply With Quote