View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 07:19 AM   #59
ShoelessJoe
DefromisSedSupendium

Oddometer: 109
Thanks for the replies. My trail riding days are over as I had a tendency to break out in stitches. That and the lack of trails available to me where I live doesn't help either. More looking for a lighter weight adventure bike and I have alway thought the 640A was a good looking bike. Didn't realize until recently that it lacked a 6th gear. Must not be a big issue since I have not read any complaints about it.

The bike in question is at a KTM dealer which claims to have recently performed all updates/maintencance. I like tinkering around with the bike in the garage so I am not afraid of a project. KBB/NADA prices are very low for this bike, anywhere from $1200-$2800 so I don't think I am too far off on the price. Going to see it this weekend in addition to looking a '12 690.

My 990 ended up low siding after getting rear ended. With time and a little insurance I put a lot of work into the bike and totaly changed the look. Now I am a little wary of taking it off-road on the rough tracks that we typically end up riding and unfortunately it is doing commuter duty now. Looking at a partial TAT/CDR ride this summer.
ShoelessJoe is offline   Reply With Quote