Thread: On my bike 2012
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 11:42 AM   #9
fraser2312 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
Happy Near Year folks!

I spent two day's at Lake Como, it really is as nice as they say but It was time to head north past Lake Lugano and into Switzerland.

Switzerland

Just had to do this, from Goldfinger.

[IMG]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8083/8...3eb68762_z.jpg[/IMG]

My favourite picture.

Later that day I arrived in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc and found a great little camp-site. I took the next day off, explored Chamonix and went on the Brevent ski lift to try and get a decent view of Mt Blanc, for some reason I don't have any photos?

Sunday I was heading for Rheims, the previous night there was some unbelievable weather, massive forks of lightning and torrential rain. I threw the tent in my bag and set off. No pictures from that day, just mile after mile of motorway.

That night I arrived at a camp-site near Epernay, just outside Rheims and stayed in the towns municipal camp-site. The weather was hot and it was great to get the tent up and let it dry out.

Monday was going to be a relaxed 150 mile ride to somewhere near Calais and find a camp-site. I stopped here and ate some lunch.

Later on I found a camp-site 10 minuets from the Euro-tunnel.

This was the last picture I took on my holiday. From here I headed to London for a day to meet with my sister, the Olympics were on and it was a great time to visit.

fraser2312 screwed with this post 02-10-2013 at 02:12 PM
fraser2312 is offline   Reply With Quote