View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 01:04 PM   #50
moggi1964
Tiger Keeper

Oddometer: 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazzio View Post
Here in Colorado we don't have a helmet law, so I usually don't wear a helmet, however I have an HJC modular helmet I purchased in 2001, and only used it on long road trips that involved going to states with helmet laws. I also would wear it in cold weather just for the warmth, or if I was going to be on a day trip just to keep the sun off my head (tried every skull cap beanie etc. nothing stay's on my head). Just a conservative guess I might have had 20 thousand miles over a 12 yr span of wearing the helmet. This last summer I started wearing it on a daily basis for reasons unknown even to myself. I did manage to crash, and was very thankful to have had it on. It did it's job it's junk now, but I think that helmet would have given me at least 2 more years of use.
Glad it did its job.

Can I ask, did you replace it and did you go back to wearing one again on a daily basis?

I do think knowing the history of the helmet means you can be more secure in the knowledge it is likely to be in good condition and 20k isn't a lot of miles.

Triumph Explorer
moggi1964 is offline   Reply With Quote