View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 02:18 PM   #14106
justcountry04
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
had to pass on the TA

Well I checked it out, everything worked as it should, the brakes for sure needed attention. the 2 side fairings the lower tabs were broken and held on with wire. The frount dash didnt quite line up properly. had a small rear valve cover leak. pretty decent amount of corrosion around the valve stems, original spark plugs, he has the oem skid plate, and a few receipts for some brake work, oil looked clean. the carbs were gonna need a rebuild, it fired right up and idled decent but you could tell they had some hesitation. The good parts now.....The motor and tranny sounded tighter than any machine ever heard, ecxept the Vstrom. gears shifted perfectly, and motor made no noise whatsoever. 31,000 on the odometer. brand new tires too. I had to pass, as Im kinda anal and It was turn key, just not my turn key. I'll have to just keep on looking for a more long distance dual sport, I can only go about 150 miles on the DR, before im crippled! If anyones looking for a decent project, hes asking 2300 but would prob take 1800. Im headed to atlanta on Monday and could haul it up for someone along the way.......
justcountry04 is offline   Reply With Quote