Thread: 450cc ADV bikes
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 05:57 PM   #408
Llamaha
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grreatdog View Post
Why do you bother? This is the Internet and Internet conventional "wisdom" says Euro bikes are high maintenance race bikes that spontaneously detonate the instant you exceed the recommended service interval.
Again, not my fault you can't ride Japanese performance bikes in your country which well and truly renders your argument invalid. Your inability to recognise this demonstrates that you do not care about facts or reason. It's also clear that you believe in some sort of us vs them conspiracy here? Bit crazy in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnoxious67 View Post

While you're telling lies about them on the interwebz, plenty of owners (they are a low volume company...stop with the "I don't see a lot of them" crap) are racking up miles on them traveling South America, Baja and Mexico, TAT, on and on...
Why stop? Funny that you mention Sth America, I lived in there for 3 years and was a member of the HUBB community helping other riders as they came through Bolivia. Not once do I recall a single Husqvarna, let alone someone riding a TE610. Saw tons of KLR650s, KTM640s, BMW650s, DR650s, the occasional XR250 or XR650 or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnoxious67 View Post
Why are you so hung up on displacement? Yamaha proved with the WR250R that small displacement doesn't equal low weight...and how "light" does an ADV bike need to be to get packed with 100 lbs of shit on the back?
Nobody is 'hung up' about displacement, it's the topic of this thread. And who says they will go off-roading with 100lbs of gear on the back? Try 40lbs. And nobody is stopping someone from dropping that off at their campsite then ride around without the extra weight. Now guess what you don't need? Don't need a trailer, a 4wd to tow, all that crap that fills up the garage and rarely gets used. Sure it's not a bike that will win races but it will take you anywhere you want to go.
Llamaha is offline   Reply With Quote