View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 07:35 PM   #72
shu

Oddometer: 990
I like mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loutre View Post
Well the awesome is gone and I had to sent them back to FORMA.

They still are comfy but my left boot isn't waterproof at all. Even when treated... as said rockinrog before me. Since I had them for just over a month, I think that's unacceptable and sent them back for an other pair. I know I'll probably have the same result but after 3000kms that I did with them, I expect more for my money.
I'd guess that if your right boot stayed dry while the left one leaked you just had a defective boot and the new pair will work.

Mine are waterproof so far. Tested during a rainy 4 day ride in Western Colorado last fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterW View Post

No, they aren't 100% waterproof - leather isn't. Heavy enough rain or deep enough water crossings and you'll get damp feet. Not wet feet unless water gets down the top, but damp yes. Light rain or a short time exposure like a few shallow water crossings, not a problem.
The waterproofing is a waterproof/breathable liner, not the leather outer. The leather may get wet and restrict some of the breathability- then your feet may get damp from sweating.

I've stood in deep puddles in mine with no leakage. No doubt water will come over the top if you stand in a creek, and it's true that the waterproof gusset is only about nine inches tall even though the boot itself is about 15 inches tall.

..........shu
shu is offline   Reply With Quote