View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 06:35 PM   #72
shu

Oddometer: 979
I like mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loutre View Post
Well the awesome is gone and I had to sent them back to FORMA.

They still are comfy but my left boot isn't waterproof at all. Even when treated... as said rockinrog before me. Since I had them for just over a month, I think that's unacceptable and sent them back for an other pair. I know I'll probably have the same result but after 3000kms that I did with them, I expect more for my money.
I'd guess that if your right boot stayed dry while the left one leaked you just had a defective boot and the new pair will work.

Mine are waterproof so far. Tested during a rainy 4 day ride in Western Colorado last fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterW View Post

No, they aren't 100% waterproof - leather isn't. Heavy enough rain or deep enough water crossings and you'll get damp feet. Not wet feet unless water gets down the top, but damp yes. Light rain or a short time exposure like a few shallow water crossings, not a problem.
The waterproofing is a waterproof/breathable liner, not the leather outer. The leather may get wet and restrict some of the breathability- then your feet may get damp from sweating.

I've stood in deep puddles in mine with no leakage. No doubt water will come over the top if you stand in a creek, and it's true that the waterproof gusset is only about nine inches tall even though the boot itself is about 15 inches tall.

..........shu
shu is online now   Reply With Quote