View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 09:42 PM   #9
davebig
Another Angry Hun !

Oddometer: 2,885
Hmmmmm !

[QUOTE=claude;
I would love to ride with some of you guys who post here a lot some day and see how things go.
Everything is a compromise. Where that compromise, suspension wise, is met will means different things to different people.[/QUOTE]

I have the least sidecar miles of you guys, have tried one of each unfaired Gl1100/Ural without, 1150gsa CSM with give me a sway bar every time its not voodoo just another handy suspension option , preload for stiffer suspension set loose for very uneven surfaces.
I did get a ride with Claude it was very educational and fun he loves horrible roads and PA has plenty and sliding his rig in circles and doing figure 8's in very uneven parking areas made up of coal mine tailings is pretty standard behavior.Beware he has a picture of himself upside down flying through the air in a sprint car in his office.
That Triumph Tiger atv sidecar that Side Effects created looked like a moonrover and they sent it down to PA for a swaybar.
Claude uses tubular bars with spline ends and very nice stuff , race car stuff.
These rigs all weigh over 850 pounds most of us pilots are 55 to well past 60 y/o I'm more concerned about safety and staying out of trouble than ground clearance, If I wanted a mud bogger I'd consult Mr Cobb and his much tweaked Ural.
Sway bars try them you'll like them ! No one sidecar outfit has a monopoly on good ideas but Hannigan whose probably the most successful of them all sells them.DB