View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 05:47 AM   #75
bobnoxious67
Baby steps...

Oddometer: 2,428
Thanks BP, and thanks for the quick reply and taking the time to share with us

I've never paid any attention to my Euro boot sizing before, so I was a bit surprised when I looked at my boots.

-Brand new pair of Keen 8" insulated/safety toe work boots in US9.5/EU42.5...tight at first, but broke in and are super comfortable after the first few hours (I buy insulated a little tight to account for the insulation "packing")

-Retired pair of Keen safety toe hiking boots (no insulation) US10/EU43...slightly larger size fit my thick smart wool socks better, and they always fit well with thick socks, and a little loose but comfortable in summer socks.

-Merrell hiking boot in US9.5/EU43.5...best fitting/most comfortable shoe I own, bordering on tight with thick socks, but in a very comfortable/secure way

-Ordered US9.5 (didn't pay attention to the EU sizing) Forma...received US10. EU44 is the size in the boot, US10 on the box. They feel a little loose (like I would try the next closest size down), but snug up and feel mostly ok with a fairly thin insole/insert.

Wow...what gives with the EU/US sizing all over the place...? Doesn't seem like any boot manufacturer can get it right
09 TE450
bobnoxious67 is offline   Reply With Quote