Old 01-05-2013, 07:09 AM   #424
Nadgett
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by YJake View Post
Okay, I'll bite.

Enter the Royal Enfield Bullet EFI.

I bought one new in 2010 and within 8k miles the piston disintegrated while I was rolling along at 60mph on the highway. The speedo "jiggles" around while ridding. The header came unbolted from the head while riding down I-4. The stock TORPEDO pipe cracked behind where it mounted to the header from the vibration. Several short months after I had the bike back after the warranty covered the top end replacement the rear tube let loose while doing 60mph around the block, turns out there was a washer between the tube and tire that some 3rd world worker dropped in there during assembly and didn't give enough of a fuck to fish it out before mounting everything up (Anybody notice a pattern here? They must be set to explode at 60mph :)

It now sits in my garage with the rear wheel off for going on over 8 months now and I could not give two shits less if it rots where it is parked, It is still under warranty too.

-Jake
Both of the Bullets that I rented felt like they were going to disintegrate when they got up to 60 m.p.h. They were fine for pottering along the back roads at 45.
Nadgett is offline   Reply With Quote