View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 08:30 AM   #30
Attico
Wrong way 'round

Oddometer: 1,832
Run before your hard on for that stupid thing gets the better of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritalin Boy View Post
[QU

I have been. I think like most things mechanical it all comes down to operation and maintenance. Granted I ride a BMW so I have a high tolerance for mechanical pain.

Thanks for the real info. As Mr. Diaz pointed out my other ride is a sportwagen and I see all the fantastic claims on the TDI forums. I've logged every tank not for mileage claims but because a number of years ago a local Mobil station put gas in the diesel tanks.

I'm not doing the lift, bumpers or winch until the tires wear out. I will do the GDE tune and Trans controller in right away when the timing belt and water pump are done. I've got a local performance diesel shop that gets good reviews on a few forums and he has two other Liberty CRD customers.

I've read about this and I believe you are correct, esp about the re-flash. I sure hope you are.

The driving factor in this is my recent change of employment and the permanent addition of Chace's niece to our household. I'm now working locally or I get on a plane while Chace has a 80 mile a day commute which she's been doing in the mini. Did I mention there are also two teenage boys living with us? Suddenly the mini is rather small.

So, Chace gets the TDI, I get the Liberty and the mini gets sold. We also have a Jeep Wrangler (TJ) that the boys drive.

The secondary benefit is we drop a payment which is always nice. The acv of the Liberty is 10.3 + the dreaded 199 "doc" fee which is the best price I've seen on a Limited.