View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #51174
XR BADGER
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra Thumper View Post
Does the DRZ carry its weight any lower than the xrl? To be honest I thought there'd be more than a 20lb diff between the 2....but the water-cooling does add considerable weight I would imagine.
I wonder how much a DR350 weighs?
Just my two cents. My brother has the 09' DRZ 400 , it looks like it weighs about 300lbs, water cooled and e start. I have about 45 hours on it both street and some dirt. It is considerably lighter feeling than the xl, however I find it underpowered for me, I'm over 200 lbs. it does not cruise nearly as well on the highway, and I find that after an hour or so, it feels cramped to me. My bro is smaller 165 lbs , and it works great for him. It is fun off road he has knobbies for it also, but IMO it is not great dirt bike either, yes, much lighter, but you have to keep it revved up pretty good and keep the speed up to move along. It is modified bike, with a big bore kit and yoshi pipe.
I find the XRL a bit of a handful in technical dirt stuff, but with a little room to move, it is a pretty comfortable ride, not the new ktm450 comfortable, but that is a different bike.

XR BADGER screwed with this post 01-05-2013 at 10:01 AM
XR BADGER is offline   Reply With Quote