View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 10:04 AM   #8366
pnw
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by deserteagle56 View Post
Now, I live at 4400 feet in elevation and most of my riding starts there and goes up to around 12,000 feet - so I was surprised to find how lean the 2007 ran, even at those altitudes. If whoever owned that bike before you did has not done it yet, you might want to read up on what it takes (pretty simple fix, really) to rejet the carburetor and have it run like it should. Lots of good information on this site and over on XT225.com.

OK, I know I have asked similar/same Q in past but given your experience above I am going to be bold and ask anyway. What jet size(s) did you use and did you do any intake or exhaust mods? Did you do the pilot screw adjustment or shim the jet needle also? Opinions on these are all over the place, some earlier posts in this thread indicate the bike becomes un-rideable with even only pilot jet up one size to 42.5. Other posts indicate that larger jet(s) prevent proper atomization of fuel, some even used smaller than stock main jets when opening the intake and exhaust flow (that one certainly doesnít make any sense). I plan on working on the carb today or tomorrow and for sure will do the pilot screw adjustment but keep going back and forth about jet changes. I bought one size larger main and pilot jets for an Ď06 and the bike will be ridden from essentially sea level to maybe 6,000 to 8,000 elevations so I would greatly value your opinion. I donít plan on doing the exhaust or snorkel mods or drilling the air box. At most I will change the filter element to a unifilter but I doubt that that makes much difference compared to stock.
pnw is offline   Reply With Quote