Kerker makes a 2 into1 exhaust assembly that looked ideal for fording, but at almost $800, it wasn't likely to happen anytime soon. I started talking to Earl Luhn at T-Bone & Earl's Cycle Shop in Taneytown, MD about the cost of fabricating something with a similar function, but a gnarlier look, and after two consultations and a couple days of thumbnail biting, I went in and picked it up. I was torn between a large Suzuki muffler and the 2009 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R, and as you can see, the Kawasaki won. It was a comination of labor costs and simplicity of maintenance that made the decision for me in the end.
All the piping is made from my original drag pipes except this hard bend joining the 2nd head into the 1st. Because the drag pipes were oversized OD, the only thing he had laying around that was a match was the header pipe from a Suzuki Savage.
Earl came up with this idea which I really liked, he turned the saddle bag support into an exhaust bracket. Next I'll be making an ID plate similar to the one I put on the tank, particularly since I'll need to know what muffler I'm running in order to change the seal where it mounts to the pipe.
With the new exhaust in place, I'm finally able to use the rear controls on the brake side. This has been a long time coming, and it feels great to have my controls located with some symmetry.
Up next I'll be looking into turning some ammo cans into panniers, and slightly modifying an old foot peg to mount where my forward control once was.