Thread: DR350 Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 05:04 PM   #14093
motolab
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bold2getold View Post
It appears to me there is a small, brass, removable air jet in the throat of the carb on the air cleaner side. It's drilling traces back to a junction with the fuel from the idle fuel jet in the bowl where air and the fuel mix and then their volume is controlled by the air fuel screw. So it looks like there is at least some air fuel mix before the idle air/fuel adjustment screw.
It does not matter whether there is some air mixed with the fuel before it reaches the fuel screw. It still controls the mixture by adding or subtracting fuel.
Quote:
And the tiny (#10 I think) washers that are used to space the needles up are of a small enough outside diameter (same as that little plastic spacer thingy) to not effect the diaphram spring preload. They raise the needle just like moving the clip down on an adjustable needle.
Since the parts order is slide, small white spacer, clip, spring seat, and then spring, and the spring seat bottoms on the clip and not on the slide, a small washer will indeed increase the preload. To prove it, I took a .020" thick by .195" OD washer and put it under the clip, and then measured the distance from the top of the slide's spring well to the spring seat, and that distance was .020" less than without the washer installed.

Regards,

Derek

motolab screwed with this post 01-05-2013 at 05:27 PM
motolab is offline   Reply With Quote