View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 06:33 AM   #8
N-m
Captain 2 Sexy

Oddometer: 412
I see a common mistake in the gun industry all the time where a man will decide on what a woman needs and the woman will let him decide. The wrong choice is often made because it is such a personal choice. I'm not saying this is what is happening here but wanted to help broaden your and her options.

While being an amateur rider myself I can only recommend to anyone they follow the below procedure to ensure they actually want one and are not being led into one:
  1. Decide on what type of riding you want to do. This dramatically narrows options from everything to a segment
  2. Decide on budget. Cuts down on options even further
  3. Sit on or even ride if possible everything out there that can be safely ridden. While you may not have many opportunities to ride I encountered not a single dealer that was against my sitting on everything in their shop when I asked permission
  4. Invest in a moto school like the ones Motorcycle Safety Foundation puts on. For beginner classes they furnish bikes up to 250 cc and you could theoretically ride several different bikes in a weekend on a course.

I hope I haven't overstepped my bounds but just followed that procedure over the course of 3 months and think I have made a great decision. Now next year I may want something different to ride but currently I am thinking about excuses to ride one more mile and not excuses to leave it parked.
N-m is offline   Reply With Quote