View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 09:17 AM   #47
fredz43
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsu max View Post
Thank you Fred, the photo show is really cool and your Frontera is beautiful. I am the second owner. I called it a '75 because the certificate of origin and orignial reciept are dated May of 1975 and it came from a local dealer, when I got it had less than 300 miles on the clock, but the crank and top end where roached because the po's little brother ran it out of gas and refilled it with straight gas, no premix. I have another 143 that looks like yours that I took on trade many years ago when I had my repair shop that is on the bench being reconditioned. That one has a higher serial number and has the toolbox tank, side stand and grab handles. I know what you mean about the side stand mount- it was damaged when I got the bike in November of '85. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the other Frontera.
That is interesting. Generally when they went to the second generation 143's they added the sidestand mount, but deleted the very useful grab handles and also very useful larger tank with toolbox. Some time they made whatever they had handy at the little factory at the time, though.

Glad you liked the photoshow.
fredz43 is offline   Reply With Quote